with a little luck

Thursday, January 25, 2007

missing people

I know I'm going to miss all my friends when I move (except for all of you in the NE!)

BUT...in realizing this, I wonder who you really miss more: friends or those random acquaintances that you only see sometimes on campus or in Austin, etc...

Friends are obviously more important. They're the people you love and care about and keep up with their lives. But they're also the ones that you keep in touch with and visit and call on the phone. If they're important in your life, you can keep them in it. It's never the same, but it's still a friendship.

The others are the friends that you see while walking to class or always sit next to in Finance classes. They're the ones you go downtown with in a group or chat with on the west mall. These are the people that you're really never going to see again when you leave Austin. It's just kind of sad, because these random friendships are valuable to.

It's weird also because the way real life works is never what you expect. The people you really keep in touch with are not always the ones you were best friends with. Just as some friendships go away, new ones are made with old friends that you never really knew as well at first. This is really rambling and convoluted, but I'm really going to miss so many people. There's no way I can say I won't miss my best friends the most, but there is just so much collateral friendship damage (shout out to great movies in the middle of the night on buses in Peru).

Guess you just have to live it up when you're with your friends and create the memories you want to look back on:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home